You have been:-
- Visiting Cork with me - you asked if we could up in the middle of the night to get the aeroplane (we had to do this for Ibiza which was hugely exciting, even I must admit).
- You said you didn't want to go home - you'd miss all the people
- Excited about your cousins coming to stay maybe next summer
- Playing castles and tents and caves and forests with Aunty Ger and cousin Eoin
- Being very assertive - "Grandad Rob, I don't like teasing", "Daddy, could you be quiet please, I am trying to get to sleep".
- Considering starting a campaign to convince people they don't need to eat meat
- Singing more lovely made up songs with great dramatic effects
- As usual, protesting strongly about bedtime"I am NOT TIRED".
- Making up more of your own rules for the Hoot Owl Hoot game (largely consisting of hiding the sun cards under the box so the sun doesn't come up!).
- Really good at jumping and hopping on one foot
- Doing lots of forward rolls
- Trying out lots of dances - a Russian Dance/A Whisk Dance etc (with a whisk - what else?!)
- Cutting really well now - around shapes and everything
- Asked for the first time for me to write your name so you could try - glad I never pushed that one as you were previously NOT keen
- Asking me to read lots of words around and about
- Making lots of things - like an ice cream cone from cardboard and tape - your idea and execution
- Hitting us a bit
- Not getting enough sleep
- Getting used to the new house - you did miss the old one
- Wanting to learn Spanish. Me too!
- Wanting to go camping s0 you said you would be warm enough if you had a warm pjs, 2 quilts and a blanket
- Suggesting a holiday in Wales (Daddy and I fancy Mexico...)
- Loving the "little ones" (the younger kids in the pre-school, and the small baby cuddly toys). Also one of your dolls is now "little sister". I would throw her out the window and give you a real little sister instead. You'd be a great big sister.
- Really arguing your case
Dr Seuss with Eoin
Painting with Auntie Ger